Translation Editor is now minimally supported. Please use ParaTExt instead.
Translation Editor helps Bible translators enter, edit and check Scripture in a vernacular language. It allows Bible translators to:
- use styles, instead of standard format markers (back slash codes), to mark text structure.
- see their work in formatted “WYSIWYG” views, including direct printing of these formatted views.
- zoom in to view text more easily.
- produce back-translations for checking, optionally including an interlinearization of the original text.
- print vernacular scripture and the corresponding back translation paragraphs in a diglot layout.
- insert and classify notes.
- insert pictures and footnotes
- look up words in the Language Explorer lexicon.
- run various checking tools to find errors (e.g. versification, characters and punctuation usage, capitalization, etc.)
- create and use a custom spelling dictionary to view possible misspellings in the vernacular language (underlined with red squiggles), and use spelling dictionaries for the languages of wider communication (e.g. in back translations).
- change the spelling of a word in all or selected locations throughout the scripture texts.
- access tools in Language Explorer which list misspelled words in use.
- view the vernacular scripture translations in Language Explorer, gaining access to the concordance, interlinear tools, etc.
- use the FLEx interlinearization tool in combination with the parser to identify misspelled words (especially useful for agglutinative languages).
- view Biblical resources (USFM-Paratext) such as the current verse in multiple, selected translations.
- set Libronix to open every time Translation Editor is started.
- set other Bible software programs to scroll together with Translation Editor (e.g. Translators Workplace, Libronix, etc.)
- identify the translation of key biblical terms to check consistency.
- import translations which are in standard format (e.g USFM) or OXES formats.
- export translations to USFM, OXES, RTF, and using the Pathway tool to Open Office, GoBible and other formats.