Projects are migrated for you use them in a newer version of FieldWorks. It is not possible to go back to using an older version of FieldWorks unless you made a FieldWorks back-up of the project in the older version, and you are prepared to restore and use that back-up.
FieldWorks 8.1.2 – Stable
FieldWorks 8.1.1 – Stable
FieldWorks 8.1.0 – Stable
FieldWorks 8.0.10 – Stable
FieldWorks 8.0.9 – Stable
FieldWorks 8.0.8 (RC2)
FieldWorks 8.0.7 (RC1)
FieldWorks 8.0.6 (Beta)
FieldWorks 8.0.5 (Beta)
FieldWorks 8.0.4 (Beta)
FieldWorks 8.0.3 (Beta)
FieldWorks 8.0.2 (Beta)
FieldWorks 8.0.1 (Beta)
FieldWorks 8.0.0 (Beta)
FieldWorks 7.2.3 (Beta)
FieldWorks 7.2.2 (Beta)
FieldWorks 7.2 (Beta)
FieldWorks 7.1.1 (Beta)
FieldWorks 7.0.5 (Beta)
FieldWorks 7.0.4 (Beta)
Full - use this download if this is a first time installation OR an upgrade from 5.0 or earlier. Upgrade - use this download to upgrade a previous installation of 5.2 and later.
- Download one of the installation packages.
- Double-click on the exe file you downloaded. After it extracts files, the first installation screen appears. Proceed with step 3 before clicking OK!
- Optional step: demo and tutorial movies have been omitted from the download packages because of their large size. If you wish to install the movies:
- Download the file(s) containing the movies. Copy the file(s) into the FieldWorks subfolder inside the temporary folder created in step 2.
- FLEx_M.cab, contains Language Explorer demo movies (205 MB, MD5 hash: AD905884A319C51E718EEC5C063B289A). These movies require Flash Player 10. (Note: These demo movies have not changed since FieldWorks 6.0.)
- TE_M.cab, contains Translation Editor tutorial movies (1.37 MB, MD5 hash: E016CB962B1956847590B665B116714E) These are only relevant for FieldWorks BTE.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. When using a Full download package, make sure you allow the SIL Software installer to install the required third party software after the FieldWorks installation has finished!
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 2 or later, Windows® Vista with Service Pack 1 or later, or Windows® 7.
- Computer and processor: Intel Pentium® (or equivalent) processor running at 2.2 gigahertz (GHz) or higher.
- Memory: 2 gigabytes (GB) of RAM or more.
Note: The more RAM and the faster the CPU, the better FieldWorks will perform, especially with larger projects.
Minimum system requirements
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 2 or later,Windows® Vista with Service Pack 1 or later, or Windows® 7.
- Computer and processor: Intel Pentium® (or equivalent) processor running at 1.5 gigahertz (GHz).
- Memory: 500 megabytes (MB) of RAM.
- Hard disk: Hard disk space requirements will vary depending on existing machine configuration and custom installation choices. When none of the required software is present, 1.5 gigabytes are required for installation, with a further 300 megabytes required to run the program once installed. This can be reduced by clearing features from the FieldWorks installer wizard. If required supporting software is already present (for example, the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP1), the required disk space is reduced. However, if upgrading from an earlier version of FieldWorks, even more space could be required if you have large amounts of data (more than a few tens of megabytes).
- Display: 1024 by 768 pixels screen resolution (for laptops, use native display resolution).
- Offline storage: An external USB drive, network drive, or writeable CD-ROM to allow offline data backups.
- Peripherals: Mouse or compatible pointing device.
|FW60_SE_A.exe – Full
FW60_SE_B.exe – Minimal
|FW60_BTE_A.exe – Full
FW60_BTE_B.exe – Minimal
|FW541_SE_A.exe – Full
FW541_SE_B.exe – Minimal
|FW541_BTE_A.exe – Full
FW541_BTE_B.exe – Minimal