Software tools for language and cultural data, with support for complex scripts.
The new FieldWorks website is now live. The link is now http://software.sil.org/fieldworks/. We are working on a redirection from here, but in the meantime, click on this link to go to the new site.
FieldWorks consists of software tools that help you manage linguistic and cultural data. FieldWorks supports tasks ranging from the initial entry of collected data through to the preparation of data for publication:
- dictionary development
- interlinearization of texts
- cultural records, which can be categorized using the Outline of Cultural Materials
- bulk editing of many fields
- morphological analysis
- complex non-Roman scripts using Unicode and SIL-developed Graphite
- multi-user editing capability over a local area network.
Furthermore, FieldWorks BTE contains a specialized drafting and editing environment for Bible Translators, which provides interaction with the language data stored in Language Explorer.
Features in Detail: